Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tintern Abbey

"...Nor wilt thou then forget,
That after many wanderings, many years
Of absence, these steep woods and lofty cliffs,
And this green pastoral landscape, were to me
More dear, both for themselves and for thy sake."

-William Wordsworth, 1798
Lines Written a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey

The first thing I did when I saw Tintern Abbey was reach for my camera, but I've come to realize that no photograph could ever capture the magnificence of this mighty ruin. After exploring the grounds, my classmates and I sat in a small patch of grass and read our Wordsworth. I think that I will always remember that Welsh breeze.

Here are a few of the pictures I snagged, but before you look at them, I must warn you: Ancient Monuments can be dangerous.



Tintern Abbey:











Tintern Abbey, interior:





The old monastery:





The River Wye:

2 comments:

  1. I looked at the pictures and then read the whole poem. I teared up with happiness.

    ReplyDelete